Thursday, September 29, 2011

("Tales From the Crib" is my normal Friday ritual - though I miss a Friday from time to time.  What's "Tales From the Crib"?  For that, look here.  Then look here.  "Things My Two Year Old Taught Me" morphed into "Tales From the Crib" in the beginning of January - so I could include both my daughter and my son - neither of whom are two right now.  I thought the change was appropriate.)  


Conversations with bug often seem taken directly from an Abbott and Costello skit.


Me: You are getting SO tall!
bug: And I'm GROWING tall too!
Me: That's what I said.
bug: No you didn't.
Me: Well, can't you stay small?  Why are you getting so big?
bug: It's why I'm turning into a man!
Me: Because.
bug: Because what?
Me: Because you're turning into a man.
bug: That's what I said.
Me: No, you said 'It's WHY.'
bug: Why what?
Me: 'Why I'm turning into a man."
bug: You're turning into a man?!?
Me: No, I mean why YOU are.
bug: Because I'm getting tall.


I'll miss these moments when you actually are a man, bug.  I'll miss those baby-blues and whispy curls.  I'll miss kissable cheeks and sticky peanut butter and jelly hugs.  I'll miss your jabber, your silly songs, your stories and dreams.  I'll even miss comforting you in the middle of the night and probably - though it seems unlikely right at this moment - I'll miss our incessant "game" of "why?"


Don't get too tall too soon, bug.


(For your entertainment...)




*Be sure to check just below for all the fun parties I link to!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...