Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sunday Sundries

So, back a few Sundays ago I mentioned that I am part of a three woman show in charge of all the kids at our church, (a program we refer to as “The Primary”) and how we were pulling together our presentation for the congregation about everything we’ve learned throughout the year.  Well, last Saturday we had a Primary activity to practice the program.  We wanted it to be fun too... so we decided to set up a little store.  All year long the kids have been collecting “Primary Coins” (cardstock coins I printed and punched out) for doing acts of service, helping their teachers or being reverent during lessons.  We put their names on the back and let them keep the coins in a big bank so we could watch the savings grow and none of them would get lost.  After our program practice, the kids used the coins they’d earned to purchase (primary related) items.  Some things I was able to purchase online - but since we’re on a budget, I ended up making a vast majority myself.  
So guess what I was frantically doing until all hours and during naps all last week?  Yep.  Finishing up our “Primary store.”  Since that’s about all I got done last week - crafty or otherwise - I figured I’d share some of my creations with you.  
Introducing:
a collection of easy to create bits and pieces.
Bear in mind that I made these to be church-related, (hence the name “Sunday Sundries”) but you could easily erase the churchiness in most of these ideas for party favors or what have you.  For the most part, I didn’t take the time to do full tutorials and as most of the projects are pretty self-explanatory, that shouldn’t be an issue, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.










1 comment:

Lisa said...

I give you credit for still being able to hold everything together. My mother used to be in the Primary presidency so I know how hectic things get around presentation time. Still, I'm sure your Primary's presentation will be amazingly spiritual.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...