Friday, May 14, 2010

Surprise, surprise...

I was all set to show you each and every thing I made for mother’s day this year.  I started off strong with that reading wreathe I made my mom.  Next was going to be the photo project for my mom IL.  Followed by the cute little somethin’ somethin’ I made my sister(s IL).  Unfortunately, as always, things have gone slightly awry.  (which is no surprise)
Basically, I totally ruined the first attempt at the photo project, so needless to say, I have been hurriedly working on attempt two during nap time today.  (There was no way to salvage the first one, it was THAT bad).  The second attempt went MUCH better, but I haven’t sent it to my mom IL yet, so she hasn’t had a chance to check it out in person.  So as not to spoil the surprise, I’ve decided to hold off on posting about it.
And as for my sister(s IL), well, I also have not sent that out to mr’s sister yet, so I’d be spoiling THAT surprise if I posted pictures of that one.  Sooooo...
I’ll just show you this little project K and I did for her mom.  I meant to have it for Lise by Monday, but it wasn’t ready yet, so she’ll be getting it today when she picks K up.
I had K paint a canvas.  Which she loved, by the way.














Then I traced K’s hands on some scrapbook paper, cut them out, lined them with marker to add a little color, and glued them together in the shape of a heart.  Upon further inspection, they didn’t look a ton like a heart, so I cut out a heart from some complimentary paper and glued the hands on.


I set them off center on the painting and mod podged under and over.  I then mod podged the whole painting so it would be glossy.

Then I wrote this quote on the hands: “Mothers hold their children’s hands for a little while, but their hearts forever.” (author unknown)



It’s just a cutesy little craft that K could help with that I thought offered a little variety to the crayon scribbled card (which is also great, don’t get me wrong.)  Plus, Lise is an art teacher, so she eats this stuff up.
Well, if you read yesterday’s post, you know I have some chores to do AND I am full of paint, so I’d like to wash up before the kids wake up.  
PS - I bought myself some purple rubber gloves, so those dirty dishes have met their match.  








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...